The NSW Disability Inclusion Plan was launched on 26 February 2015 at the Sydney Opera House.
The plan is the NSW Government’s commitment to identifying and breaking down the barriers which prevent those with disability from enjoying the same opportunities and choices as everyone else.
It aligns with the Australian National Disability Strategy and our obligations under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
The plan has four focus areas that are aimed at creating long term change and require consistent efforts from government and the wider community. The focus areas are:
- Developing positive community attitudes and behaviours
- Creating liveable communities
- Supporting access to meaningful employment
- Improving access to mainstream services through better systems and processes
You can access resources for these four focus areas at the Disability Inclusion Action Planning Resources page.
A full copy of the NSW Disability Inclusion Plan is available here:
- PDF: Disability Inclusion Plan
- Word: Disability Inclusion Plan
- Audio version: Disability Inclusion Plan (MP3)
A copy of the NSW Disability Plan factsheet is available here:
The factsheet can also be downloaded in Easy Read, audio and in a number of community languages (Arabic, Greek, Hindi, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese) from here:
To request any of these documents in Braille, Audio CD or hardcopy formats, please contact our Disability Access and Inclusion team using the contact details below: